Online Friends

Chi

How would you describe your online friendships in comparison with your real life friends?

Also known as Chi on 7A and Tzu on Intellectualist

Honestly i feel like online friends are more stable only because there i no pressure to see them and you can sort of passively interact with them to stay friends.

IRL friendships are more demanding and take a lot of upkeep.

• Like 1

I honestly don't feel like there's any difference between the two. One you can actually sit by, the other you can text or message or video call at any time.

Because people are so insecure on the internet I feel like you have more of a chance to be pressured by someone there than in person, because they're more forthcoming about their intentions or wants.

• Like 1

For me, this is a hard question to reply to.

I don't recognize too many differences in the friendships that I have; i search for the same types of people and act more or less the same around them. I find it easier to find people of a common mind on the internet, though I could be mistaken. 

I have people that I feel close to and that I really enjoy online and in person. At times weeks pass without talking to one from either side, but we always seem to get along how we did before. Putting aside the differences created from the stipulations of each situation, i don't find any major differences personally.

• Like 1