Are dating apps overrated?

sushi

“hey”

”hi”

”hey cutie”

”whats up”

Oh my goooood could you not have any less personality? Aside from the fact that the initial anonymity gives people way too much confidence and accessibility to be CREEPS, I feel like online dating is really taking the intimacy out of things. Don’t you miss the days of meeting people while you’re already a drunken mess and get to wake up the next day regretting it?

You know, the likelihood of a girl turning down a drink at the bar because a guy isn’t cute is a whole lot less than a girl swiping left because the guy doesn’t have a six pack or sports car in his profile picture. What’s up with that?

What do you think? Are you one of these habitual “swipers” or do you still like approaching people in person?

5DDDC24B-D0A7-4CA6-BC2E-BB34AAD75B9F.jpeg

• Like 1

I couldn't tell you the names of everyone I've loved - 
they are a blur of giddiness -
but I could pick out
the face of every single person
who's hurt me
in a lineup.

I don't think they are. You can meet someone from an app. "Society today has become more and more transparent and open and therefore what was relevant say twenty years ago may not be relevant today. This is because people have lesser time and therefore they may not find the required time to spend weeks setting up physical dates and trying to meet the man or woman of their choice. Instead, they would like to have something more convenient."

This is how people are meeting today. They’re meeting online and the weird thing is that “studies show” people who meet online today are staying together longer than the immediately preceding generation(mine)

I'll be honest, in terms of wanting a relationship, I probably wouldn't ever use one of these apps. Mainly because everyone on them seems to be in general agreement that they're used for "hook-ups" and nothing more. It's impossibly frustrating trying to get a serious conversation out of somebody who just wants in your pants- and even when you get one, it doesn't mean they're open to anything serious. 

Now if we're talking just to fuck? Hell yeah.

I love apps like Tinder and Hot or Not to find hookups. Most of my matches I only flirt with, and never actually meet- but it's nice to know the option is there. I extraordinarily love the fact that I don't have to leave my house just to meet someone new near me to plan a date with. It's like online dating without the worry that they're halfway across the world.... and you get to fuck! 

These apps are especially good for traveling. Whenever I visit another city than my own- I immediately download Tinder. Not even just for the hookups but for local advice on places to eat, things to do, and sometimes- a great club that's open late. When traveling, I don't find I have much spare time between eating, finding my way, and checking of my to-see list; and I certainly don't want to get drunk in a bar and wakeup with some stranger next to me (just because, that's really dangerous, and you should never follow a stranger to their home when you're intoxicated). Dating apps make it easy for me to get a "pleasure date" into my schedule without worrying if I'll find someone. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, battle bun said:

I'll be honest, in terms of wanting a relationship, I probably wouldn't ever use one of these apps.

Haha, yeah- I am a serious and committed lover. I've tried a few of these and found the results to be beyond boring and disappointing.

The conversation is less than appetizing and if you're repulsed by blatant desperation... you better run, boy-o!

From my perspective (as someone who is looking for character and not just a quick fuck), using social media whose focus is solely on community is a better fix than dating apps. Online dating has been a huge hit since the internet became a thing, but observing people and getting to know their character on a genuine level - with a genuine platform - is the best thing next to "naturally" getting to know them in person.

• 1 month later...

I love apps like Tinder and Hot or Not to find hookups. Most of my matches I only flirt with, and never actually meet- but it's nice to know the option is there. I extraordinarily love the fact that I don't have to leave my house just to meet someone new near me to plan a date with. It's like online dating without the worry that they're halfway across the world.... and you get to fuck! 

you do know, this is only applied to females?
I tried a few apps and all I got was bots and oldie-fogies, for you its like a casual swiper here and their then fuck, for men, it could be like months before a match even happens, I had more luck just going club hopping.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It honestly depends.. Some apps can end up working out for certain people... But i find most of the time it leads to just hookups or bots trying to sell you access to a site... It's hard to debate if they work or not, because for some people it turns into something special. All about the experience..

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, Littlez said:

It honestly depends.. Some apps can end up working out for certain people... But i find most of the time it leads to just hookups or bots trying to sell you access to a site... It's hard to debate if they work or not, because for some people it turns into something special. All about the experience..

You must have said this when you had a discord crush.

4 minutes ago, zsh said:

You must have said this when you had a discord crush.

Lmao, yep… this was when I had a huge crush on Ren from Intell 

Just now, Matt said:

Lmao, yep… this was when I had a huge crush on Ren from Intell 

Get her back

Get all the egirls back on Intell, such as halfki, ren, kittykankles etc.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Well… Ren joined the Navy, she’s without a phone for a bit, Kitty got married and had a kid. But Halfki is back she’s on Intell.

that's fucking hilarious. i literally remember one if the last conversations i had with kittykankles being 'you're never gonna get married or have kids if...' and i was telling her how little time she had to do it.

Looks like she knew what her goal was and just did it. Good for her

1 minute ago, zsh said:

that's fucking hilarious. i literally remember one if the last conversations i had with kittykankles being 'you're never gonna get married or have kids if...' and i was telling her how little time she had to do it.

Looks like she knew what her goal was and just did it. Good for her

For sure, she’s living her best life. I always thought her and Nick were gonna get married